St. Mary's Guild was established in 1891 when twelve women met at the home of Mrs. A. J. Williams and organized the group to assist the church with financial aid.
Since the early establishment of the Guild, the ladies over the years have continued their financial assistance. Even today their efforts and contributions are appreciated. Meeting monthly for many years, they provided a source of social activity for women of the church.
In the early years a fund was provided by Mrs. Horace Beale and invested to continue support. The interest from this trust is still being received today and is used to assist Ascension the same way it was started 120 years ago.
In recent years due to the demands of today, the group has operated on an informal basis but still performs its' basic duty which is helping Ascension and the greater community.